Working closely with the Regional Safety Manager, you’re joining a passionate, committed and high performing team.
You will coach, mentor and guide stakeholders to sustain a proactive safety culture.
This is a highly autonomous role, and flexibility is absolutely encouraged.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- a high level of influencing, interpersonal and coaching capability
- a bachelor degree or diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) or a related field of study coupled with significant experience in a safety advisory or leadership capacity
- experience gained in logistics, manufacturing or related high risk industries
- exceptional leadership, coaching, analytical and interpersonal skills
- the ability to build relationships and collaborate with a wide range of team members and senior logistics leaders
- technical knowledge of chain of responsibility and dangerous goods legislation and how it applies to warehousing and transport
- a proven ability to deliver and sustain safety improvement processes at a site level
- demonstrated business acumen with a history of driving financial improvement through behavioural change
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide direction, advice and practical support to site management teams on chain of responsibility and dangerous goods risks
- ensure legislative requirements and good practice are achieved within the Distribution Centre (DC) and our transport partners
- provide tactical support and expertise to the Distribution and Transport management team on all areas of health and safety
- ensure the identification of emerging risk exposures, develop and monitor site risk registers and ensure mitigation of identified risks are put into effect
- facilitate root cause analysis and incident investigations
- audit systems and in addition the close out of corrective actions
Coles is a fast-paced, constantly changing business that focuses your talents and challenges you to perform at your best.
As a team, we’re bold with ideas and operate with pace and passion, always looking for better ways to transform retail and delight customers.
Not only will you receive a competitive salary, you’ll also have access to these great benefits:
- a 5% discount when shopping at Coles, Kmart, Officeworks and Target
- learn new skills and develop your existing capabilities - we provide excellent ongoing training and development
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for primary care givers and 1 week of paid leave for secondary care givers
Today, Coles is one of Australia’s iconic retailers, providing a range of fresh food, groceries, general merchandise, liquor and fuel to millions of customers every week.
We have a combination of over 2,400 retail outlets across Australia covering Coles supermarkets, Coles Express fuel and convenience sites, Spirit Hotels and liquor stores under Liquorland, Vintage Cellars and First Choice Liquor branding.
While some things have changed over the years, one thing remains the same – our customer first strategy. We have over 107,000 fantastic team members across the country that are focused on making life easier for our customers and making a difference to the communities we serve every day.
We prefer to deal with you directly and have not engaged an agency for this role, so if you’re interested, please apply.
At Coles, we aim to ensure our team represents the community we serve, embracing the richness of Australia's diverse population.
This role is eligible for the Team Member Referral Program