Grade 4 Central Sterilising Instrument Technician
ABOUT THE ROLE: Opened in August 2018 and located on Level 2 in the Catherine McAuley Centre at Werribee Mercy Hospital. The Central Sterilising Department (CSD) offers a modern working environment, views of Werribee and its surrounds and a friendly team of Instrument Technicians keen for you to join the team. The department supports the current needs of the hospital, including 6 Operating Rooms, and is well placed to meet the demands of future growth. We have a strong commitment to education, supporting relevant certification and student placements. We are looking for enthusiastic Instrument Technicians to join our well established, stable and very happy team to help grow the service well into the future!
- PPT at 64 hours / fortnight based on a 7 day roster, covering AM, PM and ND shifts.
- Primarily responsible for the cleaning, disinfecting, inspecting, packing, sterilization and storage of all reusable medical instruments.
- The applicant will also be responsible for the maintenance of the working environment and associated medical equipment; ensuring standard precautions are followed, whilst strictly implementing the recommended guidelines as stated in AS/NZS 4187:2014.
- Certificate IV in Health - Sterilising Practice for Technicians or equivalent is essential
- A sound understanding of the recommended guidelines and standards of AS / NZ 4187: 2014, applying basic principles of standard precautions, disinfection and sterilisation.
- Clinical practice and experience in all areas of cleaning, disinfection and sterilisation within a hospital CSD is essential
- Effective and appropriate patterns of communication within a multidisciplinary team; accurate documentation pertaining to disinfection and sterilisation of reusable medical instruments.
- Salary packaging benefits
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Career progression and development opportunities
- A range of discounts available across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: