Teacher – Werribee
Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning provider. As a not–for–profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Teacher to develop programs and practices that are responsive to our children’s needs and aligned with the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standard.
You will be part of our supportive culture and have access to a qualified mentor to support your professional development and growth.
Goodstart Early Learning Werribee is located within a ten minute walk of the Werribee train station, as well as Werribee's main street, Watton Street.
Our centre educators work with the children and families to help incorporate an educational program that is developmentally stimulating, challenging and engaging, whilst ensuring a safe environment. We also encourage parent input to feed into our programs and assist us in providing high quality care for all children.
During the year we celebrate many special events and multicultural events such as Easter egg hunts, St Patrick's day, a Christmas party, and lots more.
- Hold a Bachelor of Early Childhood or equivalent qualification (ACECQA approved)
- Hold a current First Aid qualification
- 60 place, purpose built, well resourced centre
- Full time, permanent role commencing immediately
- The centre is offering a rotating shift
- The role will be leading a 20 place 4-5 year room
- Plan innovative and engaging learning experiences
- Champion positive and meaningful relationships with children
- Centre has incursions and excursions in place
- Assess children’s learning and development and apply pedagogical expertise to inform curriculum decisions
- Maintain and apply expert knowledge of the National Quality Framework
- Seek and share best practice examples to improve the education program
- Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with families, children and the centre team
- Model effective application of pedagogy in teaching practice
- Contribute to a professional and positive work culture
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- Access to a professional peer teacher mentor
- Professional pedagogical and operational centre support teams to assist you in providing high quality educational programs.
- Competitive above award wages
- Quality teaching and Educational resources
- Professional development and networking
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Discounted child care fees
- Uniform allowance
If you have a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education or ACECQA approved equivalent qualification, and experience in a similar role, then we want to meet you!
Goodstart is committed to child safety, with a zero tolerance of child abuse, and expect all our employees to reflect this commitment. Should you strive to uphold and reflect these values then we would love to hear from you!
To apply for the role please ‘Apply Now’ or to review the role PD please Click Here.
For further information please contact David Pytko on 03 9825 7715.
Posting Notes: WERRIBEE, MELBOURNE || VIC || Australia (AU) || VIC North - Region 31 || || Bachelor (ECT) 4yr || Full-Time