- Modern Cat, Hitachi and Komatsu gear
- Australia’s largest concrete recycler
- RDOs, overtime and variety
About the Organisation
The Alex Fraser Group is engaged in construction materials recycling and asphalt production and paving. We operate five facilities in Melbourne, two in Brisbane and employ around 350 people. The role is based at Laverton North in Melbourne.
The work you do with us matters. Every day, you will play an important part in sustaining our environment. At Alex Fraser, we transform mountains of rubble into high-grade civil construction materials, recovering these precious resources and dramatically reducing the carbon footprint of major projects. Join us and do good work.
About the Opportunity
Alex Fraser now has a fantastic opportunity for a Wheel Loader Operator to join our team in Clayton, on a full-time basis. Typical hours are Monday to Friday 6:30am - 4:30pm, with optional weekend shifts available on a rotating roster.
As a Wheel Loader Operator, you will be primarily responsible for loading road material onto customer trucks in an efficient manner, cutting floors and performing general labouring work.
Alex Fraser is seeking multiple Wheel Loader Operators to join their team in Laverton North, working a rotating roster (includes day and night shift - 4 nights per week for 3 weeks, then 5 days for 3 weeks). Night shift hourly rate is loaded at 30%.
As a wheel loader operator you undertake the following roles:
- As the Sales Loader Operator you will operate a new Caterpillar 980 or John Deere 844k loading roadbase onto customer trucks using Loadrite scales. Experience on wheel loaders in a busy sales environment essential. You must have an LL ticket.
- As the Face Loader Operator you will operate a new Cat 980/988 loading concrete, brick and rock into the quarry crusher for processing into roadbase products. You must have experience on large loaders in a fast paced environment – typically 40 cycles per hour.
You must be able to set high standards for safety, professionalism and customer service. Other tickets (LE, LS) are advantageous. Roster includes day and night shift (4 nights per week for 3 weeks then 5 days for 3 weeks).
For a confidential discussion please call Jade Ritchie on 0484 010 682. No Agencies please.
To apply please fill out the form below.